What’s included in the hire price?

VAT and taxes

Unlimited mileage for travel within the UK

Full manufacturers breakdown cover

Comprehensive insurance for 2 drivers

Camping and Caravanning Club privilege members scheme and campsite guide – up to 30% savings on participating campsites.

Luxury bedding and towels for your party

Sense of Arran toiletries (Hand wash, shower gel, shampoo & conditioner)

Breakfast pack

Full gas bottle

Bike rack

Rear view/reversing camera

Barbecue, charcoal & BBQ tools

Outdoor table and chairs for al fresco family meals

External shower (hot and cold, great for washing muddy boots)

25m water fill hose

VAT and all taxes

Full tank of Ad blue diesel cleaner

Built in SATNAV

Motorhome levelling blocks

Mains electric hook up cable

External CAB blackout / insulation blinds

Toilet chemicals

Toilet roll

Smidge midge repellent

Television with Freeview and built in DVD player (Freeview only available in areas with signal)

DVDs, family games

Road Map


First aid kit

Breakdown kit

Fully equipped kitchen (pots, pans, utensils, crockery & cutlery)

Tea & coffee (fresh and instant)

Microwave (will only work on hook up)

Electric kettle and toaster (will only work on hook up)

Gas kettle

3 burner gas hob

Gas oven/grill

Dustpan and brush, broom, car hoover

Dish cloths and cleaning products

Remote control heating and hot water via your own mobile phone, controlled via Trauma App

Can I drive the motorhome on a regular driving licence?

Yes, all our motorhomes can be driven on a regular, full valid UK licence.

Who can drive the motorhome?

Our insurance covers drivers between 25-75 years of age who have held a full valid driving licence for more than 2 years. We include insurance for 2 drivers as standard, providing we have all appropriate documentation for both requested drivers.

What if I have penalty points on my licence?

It is still possible to hire a motorhome from Zoom Motorhome Hire if you have penalty points on your licence.

You must declare at the time of booking if there are any endorsements on your driving licence. Zoom Motorhome Hire may not be able to provide cover for you to drive the vehicle if you have certain endorsements imposed on your driving licence. Failure to declare any accidents or driving convictions invalidates insurance.

We are unable to offer driver insurance if driver has had their driving licence endorsed or suspended or more than 6 penalty points imposed.

Medical suspensions are accepted proving the hirers licence has been reinstated by the DVLA.

What does Zoom motorhome vehicle insurance cover?

Zoom Motorhome Hire provides vehicle insurance, so the hirer is properly indemnified for the period of hire. Zoom Motorhome Hire provides insurance as part of the cost of the hire – no other or alternative insurance is acceptable. This insurance covers:

  • Third party liability for personal injury.
  • Third party liability for material damage.
  • Personal accident insurance is not included.
  • All hirers should arrange additional travel insurance suitable to their individual requirements.

Please see our terms and conditions for information on full insurance coverage.

Do you offer vehicle hire excess insurance?

No, but we highly recommend you take out excess insurance through a third party, we recommend Questor Insurance: www.questor-insurance.com

This way, in the event of a bump or any damage your £1000 security/damage deposit is protected.

What is the cost of the security/damage deposit?

A security/damage deposit of £1000 is blocked on your chosen card by way of a request for a pre-authorisation code from your bank. We don’t actually take the £1000, we simply hold the amount in the event of damage.

The hold will be lifted within 7 days of returning the vehicle. We are unable to confirm that the motorhome is damage free until the exterior has been washed and the inside valeted. If we find damage after you have left you will be informed within 4 hours of returning the vehicle by phone call, text, or email along with photo evidence.

What is the minimum hire period?

We have different minimum hire periods for different times of the year, the minimum hire in low season being 3 nights with a minimum 7 nights hire at all other times . This can be checked on our e-calendar

What identification do I need to be insured to drive?

List of required documents:

  • Complete driver form for ALL drivers (form is provided 12 days before your travel date)
  • DVLA one time check-code
  • 1 x proof of ID
  • 2 x proof of addressDVLA “ONE-TIME CHECK-CODE” (each driver must provide a DVLA Check Code):

Each driver must provide the following ‘Proof’ documents

1. Copy of their photo card driving licence both sides (address & ID must be up to date)
2. 2 x proofs of address (Address must match the driver’s licence)

What identification do I need to bring with me?

Each intended driver must produce their driving licence upon collection of the vehicle.

How long does the collection and return process take?

Upon collection of your vehicle, we provide a thorough handover which takes approximately 1 hour. This includes a demonstration of how everything works and a pre-existing damage check. We also do a thorough check on return of the vehicle which can take up to 1 hour.

Do you provide child seats?

No, we ask our customers to bring their own. All our motorhomes fit child seats and have a minimum of 2 forward facing seats in the rear. Customers are responsible for fitting their own child seats.

Can I take a pet?

Yes, we have a dedicated pet friendly motorhome in which we allow up to two pets for a charge of £35. Upon booking, please fill in the box that asks if you wish to take a pet.

Where can I leave my car while we are away?

We have ample parking at our depot, but please note this is at your own risk.

Do we need to stay at campsites?

At Zoom motorhome hire we recommend that you choose to stay in campsites, so you can empty your chemical toilet and fill up with water. Staying at campsites is also overall better for the environment and sustains the local economy. However, in Scotland you may find that you can “wild camp”, this is when you are parked freely in a rural location without connection to electricity. Please refer to the Scottish Outdoor Access Code and follow the Road Traffic Act to follow guidelines. Please refer to the tour guide section on our website titled “wild camping in Scotland “.

In England and Wales wild camping is strictly prohibited and you should only park where it is legal to do so.

We strongly recommend that you read our “guide to free camping” below:


A guide to free camping

#Please Respect our Countryside
A common myth states that thanks to the Scottish Outdoor Access Code, in Scotland wild camping with your motorhome or campervan / RV is allowed. But actually, this law only applies to “lightweight camping”, which does not include motorised vehicles.

However, all is not lost, there are plenty of sites available in Scotland if you plan in advance and know where look – read on to see the list of websites which provide listings of where to park for the night without breaking the law!


  1. When in Doubt:
    It can often be unclear, particularly in National Parks or forests. When in doubt, simply check! A quick search on Google can reveal the rules regarding a particular area, or lead you to a phone number where you can check.
  2. Respect the Space:
    Pick up all litter, do not damage your surroundings. The old saying goes; leave only footprints, take only photographs! In respecting your litter and pollution, you must also consider your noise pollution. Playing loud music or yelling can aggravate nearby inhabitants or disrupt the wildlife around you, so keep it down, especially after 10pm.
    A rule of thumb for most wild motorhome campers is to arrive late, leave early!There are many resources which make it easy for motorhome enthusiasts to find the perfect place to stay. See the list of the most useful websites below to help you find the perfect motorhome stops across the UK.For a more tried and tested approach:

Excellent site – wild camping spots across the whole country and an excellent resource for those looking for a more unstructured experience. Includes French style “Aires” sites, where you can empty your toilet cassette and take on fresh water. We’ve received excellent feedback on this site and can personally vouch for its many resources.

Cool Camping initially started as a guide for tent-orientated campers, successfully developing into a website showing all kinds of campsites around the world. By using the filters you will be able to find all campsites for motorhomes across the United Kingdom and Ireland. Visit the Cool Camping website for more information.

This organisation offers landowners the possibility to open their land for campers to spend the night. About 40% of all their campsites also welcome campervans and for an annual fee of £20 you will be granted access to the list of all the “Nearly Wild Camping” campsites. For an overview of all their campsites you can visit the Nearly Wild Camping website.

The Pitch Up website includes a wide range of motorhome stops. From small farms to luxurious campsites. By setting the filters on motorhome or campervan pitch, you will find an overview of motorhome campsites.

If you are looking for a website which only includes stopovers for motorhomes, the “Extensive list of motorhomes stopovers” selected by UK Motorhomes is the place to be. This list includes officially recognised overnight campervan parking spots in the UK and Ireland.

This is a fabulous app to find beautiful motorhome stopovers. Currently they show 1,289 stops in the United Kingdom and 238 stops in Ireland, to have a look at motorhome stopovers for your trip, visit the Camper Contact website.

Last but definitely not least is the website and app of Park4Night – again excellent resources for wild camping spots across the UK, Ireland and Europe which support stopovers for motorhomes enthusiasts.

How long will the 12V leisure battery last if not at a campsite?

The 12V battery should last for approximately 10-12 hours if you do not have access to mains electricity. The battery is recharged when the vehicle engine is run.

Do the electric plug sockets work when not on a mains hook up?

No, you must be on mains hook up to use the electricity sockets. There are various USB ports located in each motorhome, where mobile phones and tablets can be charged using the leisure battery.

Can I take a Zoom motorhome to Europe or the Republic of Ireland?

Travel to Europe and The Republic of Ireland are not permitted in a Zoom motorhome for insurance reasons. You can travel to mainland UK and the UK’s surrounding islands only.

Returning the motorhome - what do I need to do?

Before returning your Zoom motorhome to our depot, we ask you to…

  • Empty the cassette toilet at a designated area and flush out with fresh water.
  • Remove rubbish and general waste from the motorhome and empty the bins.
  • Refill the tank with fuel.
  • Wash dishes and ensure the oven and grill are cleaned.
  • Make sure the motorhome is returned in the same clean condition it was received.

What do I need to pack?

Just clothes and wellies/walking boots, sun cream (there’s always a hope!) food and drink. We provide the rest.

Get in touch for more information