Find an answer to your query

If the answer you are looking for isn’t listed, please click the contact us button at the bottom of this page and we will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

What’s included in the hire price?

VAT and taxes

Unlimited mileage for travel within the UK

Full manufacturers breakdown cover

Comprehensive insurance for 2 drivers

Camping and Caravanning Club privilege members scheme and campsite guide – up to 30% savings on participating campsites.

Luxury bedding and towels for your party

Sense of Arran toiletries (hand-wash, shower gel, shampoo & conditioner)

Full gas bottle (Lennox & Linnhe have refillable gas tanks)

Bike rack

Rear view/reversing camera

Outdoor table and chairs for al fresco family meals

25m water fill hose

Full tank of Adblue diesel cleaner

Motorhome leveling blocks

Mains electric hook up cable

External CAB blackout / insulation blinds

Toilet chemicals

Toilet rolls


DVDs, family games

Road Map


First aid kit

Breakdown kit

Fully equipped kitchen (pots, pans, utensils, crockery & cutlery)

Tea & coffee (fresh and instant)

Gas kettle and toaster (will only work on hook up)

Gas hob

Gas oven/grill

Dustpan and brush, broom

Dish cloths and cleaning products

Can I drive the motorhome on a regular driving licence?

Yes, all our motorhomes can be driven on a regular, full valid driving licence issued by your resident country and held for 2 or more years.

Who can drive the motorhome?

Our insurance covers drivers between 25-75 years of age who have held a full valid driving licence for more than 2 years. We include insurance for 2 drivers as standard, providing we have all appropriate documentation for both requested drivers.

What if I have penalty points on my licence?

It is still possible to hire a motorhome from Zoom Motorhome Hire if you have penalty points on your licence.

You must declare at the time of booking if there are any endorsements on your driving licence. Zoom Motorhome Hire may not be able to provide cover for you to drive the vehicle if you have certain endorsements imposed on your driving licence. Failure to declare any accidents or driving convictions invalidates insurance.

We are unable to offer driver insurance if driver has had their driving licence endorsed or suspended or more than 6 penalty points imposed.

Medical suspensions are accepted proving the hirers licence has been reinstated by the DVLA.

What if I need an Airport transfer to the Zoom Depot from Edinburgh Airport?

We are more than happy to facilitate this for you and the transfer is around 40min. We use a local Taxi firm who charge on average £65 each way for an 8 seat vehicle (plenty of space of 5 people including baggage). For larger parties please get in touch and we will seek a minibus quote for your party: 

What does Zoom motorhome vehicle insurance cover?

Zoom Motorhome Hire provides vehicle insurance, so the hirer is properly indemnified for the period of hire. Zoom Motorhome Hire provides insurance as part of the cost of the hire – no other or alternative insurance is acceptable. This insurance covers:

  • Third party liability for personal injury.
  • Third party liability for material damage.
  • Personal accident insurance is not included.
  • All hirers should arrange additional travel insurance suitable to their individual requirements.

Please see our terms and conditions for information on full insurance coverage.

Do you offer vehicle hire excess insurance?

No, but we highly recommend you take out excess insurance through a third party, we recommend either:


This way, in the event of a bump or damage to the exterior of the vehicle your £1000 security/damage deposit is protected.

What is the cost of the security/damage deposit?

A security/damage deposit of £1250 is blocked on your chosen card by way of a request for a pre-authorisation code from your bank. We don’t actually take the £1250, we simply hold the amount in the event of damage.

The hold will be lifted within 7 days of returning the vehicle. We are unable to confirm that the motorhome is damage free until the exterior has been washed and the inside valeted. If we find damage after you have left you will be informed within 4 hours of your return time by phone call, text, or email along with photographic evidence.

What is the minimum hire period?

We have different minimum hire periods for different times of the year:

Low season (Nov-Mar): minimum 3 night hire

Mid season (May & Oct): minimum 4 night hire

Peak season (Apr, Jun-Sep: minimum 7 night hire

Do I need Travel Insurance?

We strongly recommend that you purchase independent travel insurance for your holiday as you would if you travelling abroad. Travel Insurance will give you peace of mind and financial security should the unexpected happen in the build up to your break and you are unable to travel.

What identification do I need to be insured to drive?

We will request the following document 2 weeks prior to your hire start date:

  • DVLA one time check-code (each driver must provide a DVLA Check Code)
  • 1 x proof of ID (copy of driving licence)
  • 2 x proof of address (dated within 90 of your hire date and must match your driving licence address)

What identification do I need to bring with me?

Each intended driver must produce their driving licence upon collection of the vehicle.

How long does the collection and return process take?

Upon collection of your vehicle, we provide a thorough handover which takes approximately 1 hour. This includes a demonstration of how everything works and a pre-existing damage check. We also do a thorough check on return of the vehicle which can take up to 30 minutes.

Do you provide child seats?

No, we ask our customers to bring their own. All our motorhomes fit child seats and have a minimum of 2 forward facing seats in the rear. Customers are responsible for fitting their own child seats.

Can I take a pet?

Yes, we have a dedicated pet friendly motorhome in which we allow up to two pets for a charge of £35. Upon booking, please fill in the box that asks if you wish to take a pet.

Where can I leave my car while we are away?

We have ample parking at our depot.

Please note this is at your own risk.

Do we need to stay at campsites?

At Zoom motorhome hire we recommend that you choose to stay in campsites, so you can empty your chemical toilet and fill up with water. Staying at campsites is also overall better for the environment and sustains the local economy. However, in Scotland you may find that you can “wild camp”, this is when you are parked freely in a rural location without connection to electricity. Please refer to the Scottish Outdoor Access Code and follow the Road Traffic Act to follow guidelines. Please refer to the tour guide section on our website titled “wild glamping Scotland style“.

In England and Wales wild camping is strictly prohibited and you should only park where it is legal to do so.

How long will the 12V leisure battery last if not at a campsite?

The 12V battery should last for approximately 10-12 hours if you do not have access to mains electricity. The battery is recharged when the vehicle engine is run.

Do the electric plug sockets work when not on a mains hook up?

No, you must be on mains hook up to use the 24ov electricity sockets. There are various USB ports located in each motorhome where mobile phones and tablets can be charged using the leisure battery.

Can I take a Zoom motorhome to Europe or the Republic of Ireland?

Travel to Europe and The Republic of Ireland are not permitted in a Zoom motorhome at this time. You can travel to mainland UK and the UK’s surrounding islands only.

Returning the motorhome - what do I need to do?

Before returning your Zoom motorhome to our depot, we ask you to:

  • Empty the cassette toilet at a designated area, thoroughly flushing the cassette with fresh water and adding one of the chemical sachet’s provided.
  • Remove rubbish and general waste from the motorhome and empty the bins.
  • Refill the tank with fuel.
  • Wash dishes and ensure the oven and grill are cleaned.
  • Make sure the motorhome is returned in similarly clean condition as received.

What do I need to pack?

Just bring:

Clothes, wellies/walking boots, slippers, sun cream (there’s always a hope!) and food and drink. We provide the rest!

In you haven’t found the answer you are looking for in our Frequently Asked Questions please click the contact us button for more information or call us on any of our contact numbers in our footer.

Browse our Touring Guide

Be inspired, kickstart your adventure and head for the open road

A motorhome adventure provides you with the freedom and flexibility to go wherever and whenever you wish, making the journey part of your adventure!

With so much to see and do, deciding your route can be somewhat of a challenge…

Not to worry, we’ve partnered with certified Scottish Tour Guide and founder of  Scottish Highland Trails ‘Jill McKean’ 

With 20 years experience tailoring bespoke tours for worldwide visitors Jill certainly knows her stuff. This is why we are delighted to pass these little gems onto you! Click the tour guide button to explore ->

Or if it’s something more bespoke you’re after, head over to Jill’s website: